Zira's World Tour

Just a felted monkey diva blogging about her trip around the world.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Zira's Phoenix Tour: Day 1



I arrived in Phoenix safely, and it's sunny and warm. The weather is very dry, and there are many cacti! The picture above shows me in front of a huge cactus.



That's me and Illanna. She's hosting me, and she took me to Tempe Beach. Tempe is part of the Phoenix Metro Area, and it is the college town of Arizona State University. I was surprised to see a beach in the desert! It's actually a dammed lake of the Salt River. Phoenix gets a lot of power from this water dam.



The bridge behind me in this picture is very new and beautiful. I really wanted to go swimming, but Illanna didn't think it was such a good idea. She pointed out that I did not have my bathing suit with me.



We relaxed next to the water for a while, but then we got thirsty. I had to make sure that I stayed hydrated in the dry climate:



So far Phoenix is a blast. Tonight Illanna and I are going to a knitting birthday party for Illanna's friend. I'll check in again tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous La said...

I wonder where Los Angeles is on your whirlwind tour schedule. We're all done with our Roman stuff, for this year, but there's a lot of other things to do in LA. If you could give me a clue that'd be helpful!

The great JenLa reunion is less than 3 weeks away. Will you be in Georgia then?

Tue Oct 25, 10:46:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home